SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
disneynut1977

Newbie first time making soap with a rebatch base

Hi, I have a total of 12 lbs of CP soap. 1lb Goatmilk shampoo base, 1lb Goatmilk regular base(both from same soap maker). I than bought a total of 10lbs of goatmilk regular base from a soap maker I have bought finished bars from before. I think if I really enjoy re-batching these, I will try from scratch next time, but for now can people from here help me out?

I have ordered alot of essential oil(not fragrance). All are in 1/2 oz amounts each. Tea Tree, French Lavender, Eucalyptus, Cedar Wood, LemonGrass, Peppermint, Rosemary, Anise Star, Cinnamon and Mandarin.

To add extra moisturizing benefits, I than bought 1oz each Sweet Almond oil, Avocado oil and Grapeseed oil. Plus 1/2lb each of Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter and Mango butter.

How much of these can I add to my CP base. I did read per 1lb to add up to 2 teaspoons of oil. Does that include both my essential oils and the other 3 oils? How much of my butters can I add per lb? I guess what I'm saying is. I did want to put a little bit of all the butters and the last 3 oils (non-essential)in each base batch to help superfat them. Than add my essential for scenting purposes. I am gonna do 2 lbs natural. I was thinking an Oatmeal & Honey. I'm gonna remelt with coconut milk for all of it because I want to have the creamness that coconut milk gives in all my bars. I was thinking making some honey and beer bars too (maybe a 1lb). Rosemary & Peppermint for my Shampoo bars (with a little lavender). Some bars for hiking and outdoors (Tea Tree, CedarWood, Lemongrass and eucalyptus). A warm spicy type too. The Mandarin, cinnamon, anise start and maybe cedarwood?

Does this make sense to anybody?

Melissa

Comments (5)

Sponsored