Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get pretty soap labels?

Posted by SillyMeSillyNe (sillymesillyne@excite.com) on
Tue, Nov 8, 05 at 14:50

Hi,
I was wondering where I could get some pretty soap labels? I'm assuming those of you who sell your handmade soaps have a source/sources for the labels? I would like to use them for my bathroom accessories...apothecary jars and such, heck, maybe even for soap! ;)

Thanks,
Silly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get pretty soap labels?

I make my soap labels for the soap I sell, but I bought some real pretty (replica) vintage soap labels from The Scent of Home Candle Company for my personal use. I just checked and their website is currently not available, but I will post the link anyway.
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: The Scent Of Home

o

How do you make your labels? On the computer? Is this something I could do, too? It really boggles my mind that these are not, readily, available through the different suppliers.
Thanks,
Silly

o

I use Microsoft Publisher, although any program that can make business cards would do. I use a business card format, and customize it. I then print out a sheet of them on regular printer paper, and cut them out. I affix them to the soap using Scotch brand storage tape. The storage tape is temperature and moisture resistant. This tape also acts as a seal of sorts for the bar of soap, too. I do the same thing, except sometimes I use different lable formats, for all of my bath products I sell. My graphics that I use I obtain by browsing the usenet newsgroup, alt.binaries.clip-art. This has worked well for me, and is more cost efficient than buying labels.
Susan

o

It's easy and fun (and quite cost effective) to design your own labels.

Go to http://www.avery.com and download the free version of Avery Design Pro. It's very user friendly. You may use it to design labels, business cards, hang tags or "cigar band"-style wrappers for your soaps.

o

Quite new to the process and to Avery, can you point me to a label number that can create the cigar bands i couldn't find them! t hanks!!!

o

I use Label Factory to make my labels for all of my products. It is very easy to use and you can create custom size labels and pull in any graphics of yours or it comes with some graphics.

o

Elegantrose , where do you get label factory . is this a program that you buy?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here