Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where Does Everyone Get Their Jars?

Posted by waddles (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 23, 05 at 14:21

We have been looking for a reasonable place to get candle jars. So far once the shipping is included then the jars become outrageous. We have been getting some at the dollar store but those are only and when they have them. Does anyone have a good place to get them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where Does Everyone Get Their Jars?

Like you, I have never been able to locate an on-line place to get jars resonably priced once the shipping is added on to them. I buy my jelly jars from Big Lots or my local Ace Hardware (Ace carries them year round, at WalMart they are "seasonal" here), and other candle containers I buy at the Dollar Store. The only exception is candle tins. I buy those on-line at Wholesale Supplies Plus. They are very light weight and therefore even with shipping they stay resonably priced.
Susan

o
RE: Where Does Everyone Get Their Jars?

I buy my jars from Specialty Bottle and Swans. They are both in my state.
I suggest that you find some candle suppliers in your area and check shipping. Also for straight sided jelly jars,(plain) with lid choices, check out Tennessee Candle Supply.
Brent has some of the best pricing if you buy multiples.

o
RE: Try This....

Hi Waddles - I read that you can go to tag/estate sales for canning jars of any size. Got mine quite cheap & they came with lids! Also, read that you can use papertowel holders, milk cartons, the small plastic containers that applesauce comes in,the round pringles chip containers.
Also, if you have a salvage/discount store in your area.
They usually sell (in the paperplate/cup section) small containers for relishes or the small plastic refill cups for the bathroom. I have been able to locate- loads of molds for my candles - cheaply! I consider any plastic, small container, that I find! Also, some of those same type containers for soap molds. I never have to bother with shipping, but I do have to hunt! Hope some of these ideas, will help you out. Goodluck! Tina_2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here