Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Usina Aloe Vera Gel

Posted by runningtrails (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 16, 08 at 12:26

Has nayone made Aloe Vera soap with the commercial aloe vera gel? I have a jar of it I have not used in a long time. It is pure aloe vera gel a nd I would like to use it in soap. Does anyone know how much to use or when to add it? Does it cause any problems in CP soap making?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Usina Aloe Vera Gel

Try 1-2 TB Aloe Vera gel to 1# CP soap. I have added it at trace & don't like the results-- even after lots of stirring it tended to bead up & not disperse & is evident in the final bars as kinda gooey holes. I haven't tried adding it at the water phase because I found a place that sells powdered aloe vera & now use that. Both do add a nice overall, silky feel to the soap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here