Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody around?

Posted by Hazel_SC (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 04 at 12:25

Just wanted to pop in & see if anyone was still here?

I've been doing shows & selling on ebay, and making jewelry between all that. Web site has also been busy, mostly with craft supplies.

Shows have been so-so, good thing I added jewelry to my line or I'd be hurting. Have sold very little soap this year, even less than last year. Some of the other stuff like lavender pillows & dryer bags are selling, but folks don't seem to be into the "smelly" stuff as much, at least here.

Folks seem to like the soap being in the clamshells so I don't think that's the problem. (I have sample bars done the old way, wrapped in plastic & you can smell them well as soon as I set up)
Last show I did there was myself doing the glycerin M&P soap & another lady selling old fashioned lye soap, & neither one of us sold hardly anything. I think I sold 1 bar of soap & 1 lavender pillow, no other scented stuff,
just jewelry.
I'm thinking soap has had it's time, at least locally......

So what's everyone one else doing these days?
Anything interesting going on where you are?

It's been so slow here, I'm not even checking daily anymore.....and seriously contemplating not renewing membership when it's up at the end of December....

Hazel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody around?

Hi Hazel. Happy Thanksgiving. I, too, no longer check this board even daily. Sad, isn't it? Things are going well here, sales have actually picked up a bit, but my sellers are still the "functional" soaps, not the pretty, scented ones. I have been busy with work and trying to keep up with things at home, too. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving-
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here