Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Candles won't burn long, why?

Posted by dauxiegal (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 7:03

I don't make candles to sell, nor do I want to. I recently found some wax, fragrances, dyes and additives at the local Goodwill and thought it wouldbe a good idea to make some for Christmas gifts.

I made one the other day and it won't burn for very long. The wick will burn down and fizzle out.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Candles won't burn long, why?

We need more information. How big are the candles and what type of wicks are they? If they are too small/thin for the size candles you made, they will burn poorly.

o

The wax and wicks came from Bitter Creek Candle Supply. The number on the pack of wicks is 44-32-18Z. They are approximately 7 inches long.

I am pouring the wax into soup cans and using those for jars. Like these: http://aprimitiveglow.com/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=6

o

Go back to the site and read about the wicks. There should be something that says what diameter container that they are meant for. Then, see if your containers are the right size for the wicks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here