Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
M & P Soapers

Posted by gogo3421 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 13, 08 at 22:26

Hi,

I am a little frustrated as I make M&P soap & I sell it on my small online website. I also sell candles & lotion etc... but I loovvee to make soap. I have not made much sales on my soap because it is not CP & I have been hearing rumors that I don't really make soap & that it is not good for you from other people that have various types of shops online as well. It seems as though it may be affecting sales of my other products. Can you lift my spirits & give me some positive feedback & facts on M&P so I can feel good about what I am selling?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: M & P Soapers

I am not in business, but I do make MP soaps. Remember, it is a glycerin based soap that is very gentle on the skin. That is among the reasons I like it. Also, I assume your scents come from natural essential oils, which smell authentic because they are authentic.

o

I just started making M&P soap and I am getting wonderful results. I found someone who makes their own base - all natural with shea butter and goat milk. So rich and creamy. Make your product as all natural and pure as possible and then rave about its goodness! It is too bad that some of the M&P bases have alcohol and wax fillers. That is part of the problem I think. Good for you for having your own online business!

o

Look to your ingredients! Everyone here is right. If your base is alcohol-free, stress that, plus the fact that it is a gentle product. And stick to essential oils, so you can call it a natural product.

Another selling point can be aesthetics. MP soap takes colors better, so you have a better-looking product. This can be especially important in selling the small guest soaps. People care about how they look.

o

I do both. To me it is exactly the same thing. The only difference is, MP has the lye cooked out in an oven or crock-pot. CP, the lye is cooked out in the gel. CP needs a bit more time to fully cure. IMO CP does look nicer in a mold.

o

Follow-up.... So sorry I made a huge mistake. I was thinking OP and CP my brain was obviously not functioning. I have not tried MP.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here