Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rose petal soap

Posted by Pattico (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 27, 05 at 0:09

I'm planning on making packages of the rose petal soaps for gifts for Christmas.

I probably will be buying my soap at Hobby Lobby or Michaels

Can anyone tell me what is the best kind to get and do I need to add scent?

Thank you

patti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rose petal soap

Usually the soap bases sold at places like Hobby Lobby and Michaels are not high quality... cheap to buy and use, but yield almost no lather.

For a (very) good quality soap, see link below to SFIC.

Yes, you should add scent. It is nice for 'rose petals' to smell like rose petals. And again, get a high quality scent for best results.

If you're going to put all that work into making the rose petal soaps, you should start with quality ingredients, or you will be disappointed with the results.

Here is a link that might be useful: SFIC

o
RE: rose petal soap

Ditto what Red Confetti said. Don't waste money on the bases from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. No lather, poor quality. Terrible gifts. I use SFIC exclusively, too. A lot of work and time goes into those rose petal soaps (I know from experience). Make them awesome- scent them and use a great soap base!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here