Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New and need supplier

Posted by swifta (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 07 at 17:49

Hi All.. First time to post here. I just ordered my first batch of supplies, ie..molds, oils and some M&P base.I ordered from Soap Crafters. I didnt get a chance to order colors. Very expensive. Can I use food coloring? Where is the best places to get receipes and supplies. Thank a bunch Swifta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New and need supplier

no don't use food coloring..it will color things it shouldn't. Don't need coloring anyway..use some coffee grounds, oatmeal or dried rose petals for interest.

I'm sure Soap Crafters has recipes and ideas. just do a google or other search engine search...

teachsoap.com...has great info..

o

True, food coloring will not work well. It is not made to dissolve in soap. I recommend some tint in MP soap, if it is a clear soap. (If you drop the soap and can't see it, it is a slipping hazard.) I like the powdered colorants from Brambleberry.com. They are less messy than liquids and last a long time. They are also quite appealing to the eye.

o

Anne-Marie is the owner of Brambleberry and Teachsoap.com..

Here is a link that might be useful: Teachsoap.com

o

I am also new. Where is the best place to buy your oils for CP?

o

The best place I've found is oils by nature. oilsbynature.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here