Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I make Pizza and My Hands Smell -- How to make kitchen soap

Posted by pgh-pizzaman (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 3, 09 at 14:41

Good Morning....

Been doing a lot of reading and there's too much out there when it comes to making kitchen soaps...sooooo....I thought that maybe someone here has had some great success in making both a bar and a liquid soap version. I want to make it and use it at my stores for my employees.

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I make Pizza and My Hands Smell -- How to make kitchen soap

I add a bit of Spearmint Essential oil to unscented liquid soap base. That is what I keep near my kitchen sink and I like the results. (BTW, I make pizza too.) You can add Spearmint EO to a solid bar too. (About 1/2 tsp to 4 oz. soap.)

o

First...do you own a pizzeria...or are a BoyrDee Pro?

Anyhow, I have been reading about the mix of goats milk, EO of Cappucino and coffee grounds...but there are soooo many variations.

o

No, I am strictly a pizza hobbyist. There are loads of good things out there, but spearmint oil is the one I have tried. And I have had good results getting my hands to stop smelling like garlic.

o

Thanks.....will try.....and the pizza thing must be a May thing....my bday is 7 days after yours

o

No doubt- we are born at the right time to be good cooks! Now, to be more specific about my liquid soap. Any unscented liquid base will do.

I use Dr. Bronners's unscented liquid soap, which I order, in quart bottles, from drugstore.com. I add 1.5 tablespoons spearmint Essential oil to a quart.(I also add a couple of glass marbles to the bottle, to help the oil to mix in.)

I get my spearmint EO from Brambleberry.com. They also sell liquid soap base in gallon bottles. This may be better for you, since I imagine you will need larger quantities than I do. I hope this info is helpful.

o

Do what restaurant workers do...............wear gloves.

Gloves not only protect the hands from the food, but protect the food product you are working with from contamination from your hands.

No odors. No stains. No burning from peppers. No contamination of product either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here