SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Hi again, and a few questions...

jamie_mt
20 years ago

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted here, but I check in every once in awhile. I kinda stopped "soaping" after christmas since I didn't have anywhere to give it, and didn't have time for craft shows. But my mom and I are going to share a booth at a craft show this fall, so Labor Day weekend I'm going to start pouring soap again. :-) I'm hoping the sale will go well - might set up a web site to sell from if it does, we'll see. I figure if I pour soap every weekend from now until then (just in the mornings), I should have a good-sized inventory to sell/give away. :-)

So is anyone thinking christmas soaps yet? The craft show we're doing is the weekend after Thanksgiving, so my focus will be on "christmasy" type soaps (leftovers will be gifts, of course), though I will have some plain bar soaps too. I'm planning on some peppermint, pine, mulberry & cinnamon scented soaps, hopefully I can find some cheap christmas molds (I need to order some more base anyways).

I just bought some rubber ice cube trays in cute shapes because I wanted to try them with soap. Has anyone used these for melt & pour soap? I was thinking small soaps like that could be "samples", priced at $.25 or so to keep people from just grabbing a handful.

My other question was, how long does your melt & pour soap usually last? I didn't want to start too early because I wanted it to be "fresh", but I'd like to put a "use by" date on the labels if they're going to start getting "icky" past a certain point, you know? I generally use the base from WSS, though I might try the SFIC stuff since they're selling that now too.

So - how's everyone doing? :-)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations