Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Smelly Jelly Question

Posted by KCCOLLINS1983 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 14:59

Hello,
My fiance and I sell handmade incense and candles at local festivals and flea markets. We are considering adding smelly jelly type fresheners to our product line. Our only issue is how to store them for the long term. We do canvas paper type air fresheners and they seem to hold quite well in cello bags. I am just looking for other tried and true methods for possibly sealing the jellies to prevent "leaking" during transport. Also what is the average shelf life others have found to be for their smelly jellies. I found the average to be about three months, but have also found various other time frames. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Smelly Jelly Question

Sorry, I can't really help, but you could try keeping them in a container which may not absorb the scent, like glass, plastic seems to eat up some of the scent for soap. And, soap will lose some of the scent after time, so maybe soap is a different animal in this sense?

o
RE: Smelly Jelly Question

The only thing I can think of are small mason jars with "air freshener" lids... I might one day do smelly jellys too so good luck. I hope to learn about your success in this area!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here