Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do ya color soap swirly?

Posted by shellie66 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 20, 09 at 12:39

Hi all!
I have another soap question. I am wanting to try to add color to my soaps and want it swirled in using more than one color. What would be the best color type for this and how do ya do it? I don't want the colors to mix very much. I'm going for a tye-dye look in the soap, is this possible? Thank you so much!
Have a super swell day!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do ya color soap swirly?

You need a couple of dropper bottles of liquid soap colorants. Red & blue or yellow & green would work. Before you pour the soap onto the mold, pour a drop or 2 of each colorant, randomly, on the bottom of the mold. Pour the soap in slowly. After a few seconds, you will see some of the color float up to the top. When that happens, gently and SLOWLY, swirl with a tooth pick. Than leave it alone until it sets.

o

Thank you so much! That is something I can do! I was worried about it being too complicated. I was thinking you had to do it in the pot and it would mix to much trying to get the whole batch with color, then it would blend more pouring it in the molds. I about had myself in a frenzy over thinking it. You made my day, now off to making soap! Thanks again!

o

No problem. I hope you will let me know how it goes. BTW, it is probably good to let the soap cool a bit before you pour.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here