SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lov2garden

Shoulda asked first - adding scent to used wax

lov2garden
19 years ago

I'm not a candle maker so I should have asked you first before I placed a big order with BCC! I don't use lighted candles because my toddler sons (now in college) wouldn't leave them alone and my kitty cat doesn't seem to know her tail is attached to her and can't keep it out of a flame!

So with great joy, I embraced the whole candle warmer idea and have one going 24/7. A housefull of scent and no flame to worry about.

I started out using Yankee 14 oz jars with one of those pretty cappers with the hole in the middle. I found that after about a week or so, all of the scent "cooked" away and I was left with a jar full of wax which seemed like a huge waste to just throw away.

Then I got a bright idea-why not add scent to the now scentless wax? It would save a bundle! Off went the order to BCC for samplers, closeouts and sniffys. I read that one oz of scent is used for one pound of wax.

How do I add the scent to the jars full of used wax? Just measure, pour it in and give it a stir? Is there something more I need to know? Is this going to do what I hope it will do or did I just make a colossally dumb impulse purchase?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone