Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
M&P soap that lathers well?

Posted by red_girl_42 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 1:11

I have just started out making M&P soaps and I'm loving it. One problem I have is that my soaps don't seem to lather well. I have tried two bases so far--one is olive-oil based and the other The other is enriched with coconut oil because I'd heard that lathers better. It does but it's still not great.

Can anyone recommend bases and/or brands that lather up well? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: M&P soap that lathers well?

Ugh. I read all the earlier posts on the page except the most recent one. I guess this has already been asked! I apologize for the repeat, but if anyone has anything to add about getting my soap to lather better, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

o

I only use SFIC bases, which are top of the line. Lower quality bases won't lather well, or at least, well enough to please me. I buy my SFIC base from Acorn Soap and Candle Supply (on line). To boost lathering, you can also add one tablespoon of caster oil (the same castor oil you buy at a drug store or Wal-Mart) per pound of base.
Susan

o

Thanks sriston! I just ordered some soap base from Acorn (someone, maybe you, recommended it on another thread) and it should arrive today!

Crazy question though (I'm very new to soapmaking)--what is SFIC? I just ordered the basic clear and white bases from Acorn. I didn't see anything that said "SFIC." What does that mean?

o

SFIC is a brand. Soap Factory In California, although it goes by SFIC. Acorn base is SFIC base remarketed as TKB or whatever they call it. SFIC is known for its all-natural, top-of-the-line soap base production. It is, so to speak, the cream of the crop.
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here