SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalie_rn

newbie w/ lots of Questions

natalie_rn
14 years ago

Can I just say as being new to candlemaking I am sooo glad I have found a site that you can openly discuss this topic and make referrels to particular companies and brands! Ok, my my first question pertains to scent throw. I am using gb464 soy wax and eco 10 wick in 8 oz jj. I am heating oil to around 170 adding one dye chip and fo at around 160-165. I pour around 130-135. my ct is great, but I really feel like i should have a MUCH stronger ht, esp after reading reviews for the scents I have purchased,(candlescience).What am I doing wrong? Should I heat the wax even higher, 180??? I am doing a ratio of one pound of soy to 1.5 ounces of fo and this is weighed on a dig scale. Any tips for impovement is much appreciated! NEXT question~ I used to buy Home interiors Raspberry Fizz candles all the time. They no longer make them and I am looking for a FO that is VErY close to that! It smelled just like when my mom would bake pies from black raspberries that we picked in woods! one last question, if I get my ht down and decide to sell my candles to friends and co workers ( i am making them for myself at this time, I was spending so much $$$ on buying them all the time) is $6 a fair price for the 8 oz jelly jars? ok, thanks so much, Natalie:)

Comments (5)

Sponsored