Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needing incite on how to sell soap

Posted by soapfactory (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 20:05

Hello I am new to the group , I have been doing a lot of wholesale sales . But wholesale is not all that profitable any more . Dont get me wrong any sale is better then no sale . But I would like some of everyones incite on how to grow my business and get into the retail business. Or some other ways to sell my soaps .

Thanks everyone for your help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needing incite on how to sell soap

What did you exactly have in mind?

Open your own store?

Get your soap into other stores? On consignment? Sell the soap outright to the store owner?

I have found that the later is the better way to sell, that way you can wlak away and the store owner is responsible for the soap and you have the money in your own pocket. One drawback is that if your soap is messed up or the scent is tired, or the label is loose you may not be able to replace it at your discretion.

There is not a lot of money in soap, unless you can get a lot of product out your door, then by shear numbers more profit will result.

Have you done the craft fairs and the like, summer/winter?On-line sales?
Do you have something unique?

Just some ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here