Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: Lotion Recipes

Posted by tina_2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 25, 06 at 18:46

Hi all. Has anyone, ever made any of these recipes. If so, will you post the results. Thanks - Tina_2

Blue Satin Body Lotion
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons soap flakes
I teaspoon glycerine
1 teaspoon witch-hazel
4 teaspoons olive oil
A few drops of blue colouring and perfume

Put the soap-flakes and water in a saucepan and heat.
When the soap-flakes are dissolved, remove from the heat and add glycerine, olive oil and witch-hazel. Stir until it cools and then add the blue colouring and some perfume. Lovely, thin, creamy blue mixture thus made is an ideal, non-greasy, after-bath body lotion which leaves the skin glowing like satin.

Lavender Body Lotion
DIssolve I teaspoon borax in I cup rose water, then slowly add 2 tablespoons of warmed olive oil, beating constantly. When all the oil has been added to the water and it forms an emulsion, add lavender water. (Lavender water is made by infusing a handful of lavender flowers in 2 cups of boiling water.) Let this stand for an hour and then strain and use.

Almond Body Lotion
Ingredients:
3 teaspoons lanolin
1 teaspoon almond oil
1 teaspoon petroleum jeUy 1 teaspoon vegetable lard 2 teaspoons glycerine
10 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon soap flakes
1 teaspoon cornflower and perfume or almond essence

Heat the oils and water separately. Remove them from heat and mix them together. Pour the mixture into a bottle and shake vigorously. Now add perfume.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: Lotion Recipes

Where is the preservative????!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here