Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catalytic Effusion Lamp

Posted by leearnold (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 11, 09 at 15:37

Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one and am wondering about mixing my own "fuel" with alcohol and fragrance oils. Anyone know how to do that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catalytic Effusion Lamp

I have never used one, but I found this recipe on line;
" * 1 bottle 90% alcohol (do not use weaker strength)
* 9 cc's essential oil (not fragrance oil)

Drip the essential oil directly into the bottle of alcohol. A syringe works best. Shake and enjoy! "

They d not say what size bottle, but I assume it is a standard drug-store size.

o

Thanks! I tried that and it works great. Boy, I like this lamp! Makes the WHOLE house smell wonderful.

o

I'm glad it worked. BTW, where did you get the lamp?

o

Hobby Lobby. Was priced at $39.99 but I got it when they had candles and such at 50% off. I paid $20.00.

o

Thanks for the info. There is no Hobby Lobby around here, so, since you piqued my curiosity, I ordered one from The Scent Smith.

o

Just incase anyone new is reading this and wonders what a "cc" is, it is the equivalent of a "ml". 1cc=1ml. As a nurse we measure in cc's all the time. So, just wanted to put that out there as an fyi. If i wasnt a nurse, I would have no idea what a cc was!:)

o

Thanks for adding that. As a Science teacher, I had no trouble with that one, but you are right; not every one would know it. I would also add that 5 cc's (or ML's) are the same as one teaspoon. (Using a measuring spoon.)

o

Hello people,

I love effusion lamps and always got the amazing Lampe Berger fragrances. I live in San Francisco, but Lampe Berger does not ship any more to California. There are some other brands such as La Tee Da, Alexandria's, Sophia's etc., but they seem like cheap imitations and smell weak/bad. Sophia's is the worst of the lot.

I love these lamps and have been using Lampe Berger oils/fragrances and feel lost without them! I have tried some independent ones on Ebay or Etsy but they are kinda hits or misses. Any other fragrance oil brands someone can recommend? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here