Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Container wax for pillars

Posted by Jentz (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 13:14

I have a big box of soy container wax and I'd like to try to use it for making pillar candles. I was wondering if there are any additives or anything of the sort out there that can be used to harden the wax enough to be used as pillars. I read online you can add hot glue sticks to the wax to make it hard enough for making pillars, has anyone tried this and how did it work?
Any tips, suggestions and ideas are welcomed. I'm willing to experiment a little to figure this out. Before buying more wax I'd like to use what I already have up.

Thank you for any help in advance! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Container wax for pillars

I would not recommend that, as the glue may be unsafe when burned. You could try mixing it with beeswax, which is much harder, but also natural.

o

How about using Vybar or Stearic Acid? I read those additives harden wax. I bought some stearic acid today to experiment with.

o

I hadn't thought of those, but definitely worth a try.

o

Well, hopefully it works. It'll be nice to be able to use up the wax I currently have. I'll let you know how it works incase you ever need to try it :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here