Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE : help with emulsifyer ?

Posted by tina_2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 12:32

Hi all - Have any of you experienced soapers, ever made a lotion recipe like this? I mean, using the borax & water as the emulsifyer? I want to try it, but I don't know if it would work. This is the only recipe, I've found that has the borax & water in it. I have researched a lot of ''soap sites'', but all of them are pretty much using the advanced recipes. The one's where you must buy all the soap supplies online, from the big companies.
Please let me know, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, all. Tina_2

Mint Body Lotion

1/2 cup mint water (see note below)
1/8 tsp. borax powder
1/2 c. sunflower oil
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. grated beeswax
3-4 drops peppermint oil (optional)

Mix together the mint water and the borax, stirring until well mixed. Set aside.

Mix together the sunflower oil, coconut oil, and beeswax in a glass measuring cup. Place the cup with the oils--beeswax mixture in a pan of water (about 1 to 2 inches of water), making a water bath. Heat over medium heat until the beeswax is melted (8 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.

When the wax is melted, bring the mint solution almost to boiling (put the glass cup with the mint water/borax in the microwave on High for 1 minute, or use a water bath on the stove top).

Remove the oils-beeswax mixture from the water bath. Slowly add mint water/borax to the mixture in the blender and whip).

Allow the lotion to cool completely. The consistentency may seem a bit thin, but it will thicken as it cools. The lotion will be pale green in color. You may add the peppermint oil now if you wish.

Pour the lotion into a clean container with a lid. To use, massage a small amount into your skin.

Note: Mint water is made by boiling fresh or dried mint leaves in water and then letting the mixture cool. Strain off the mint leaves. I use 1 cup fresh mint (1/4 cup dried mint leaves) to 1 cup water.

This lotion is very refreshing after a shower

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here