Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adding flavoring to liquid soap

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 12, 06 at 11:35

I am a regular on a few other forums on this site but I have never been to this particular forum. I've never made soap but I do have a question I hope someone can answer.

I purchase soft soap in the large containers at Costco. But they only come unscented. I like the melon-flavored soft soap that is available in the small bottles that shows a watermelon on the front.

Is there a melon flavoring that I can add to my large container? What is it called, where would I purchase it and how much would I add?

Thank you for any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adding flavoring to liquid soap

There are lots of "melon" fragrances, cantaloupe, watermelon, muskmelon, and just plain melon, as well as various blends with other fruits, etc.

Check the list linked below. These fragrances are supposed to all be safe for use with soaps, etc., but just to be sure, find one that says "soap safe," "safe for soaps and lotions," Safe for soaps & bath/body products," "skin safe" or something similar.

As to how much to add, it depends on the quality of the fragrance you buy, and how much soap you are adding it to.
I'd start by putting a portion of your large container of soap into a smaller container, then adding fragrance a bit at a time until you get it the strength you like. Just be sure to keep track of how much you have added so you can duplicate it later.

And look for instructions/suggestions on the site that you buy the fragrance from on how much to add. The reliable sites have lots of good information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fragrance Finder

o
RE: Adding flavoring to liquid soap

Thank you for the link. I will have to go through it thoroughly tonight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here