Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone still here? I need some suggestions again

Posted by JoC__SC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 27, 03 at 23:31

My daughter and I are planning a party for her and she wants to have a "make it and take it" party. She's 14, and wants to make several "soap" things.
We are going to make the usual M&P soap, and we're also thinking about foamer bottles of shaving soap, loofah, poofs, bath salts,and maybe crystal potpourri.
Any other suggestions? I really don't want to spend a fortune on more supplies.
Thanks
Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone still here? I need some suggestions again

Well, I'm here but you have everything pretty well covered (plus more) of any ideas I can think of. The only other thing that comes to mind would be lotion or bath and shower gel. Both of those bases are cheap and they are simple to make. I know I wasn't much help, but Hazel is usually hanging around and she may have some more ideas.
Susan

o

If the girls are bath takers, I would do bubble bath also. A whole gallon is only $13-$14 at WSSP. It will do 16 8oz. bottles.

For the bath also are tub teas which are quick, easy, and inexpensive. Gather some mason jars with lids or even ziplock bags. You can make labels for the jars or bags on your computer. At your local health food store you can purchase all your herbs and a package of drawstring muslin bags. The girls could each get a baggie of herbs and a drawstring bag for their tea baths. I have about five different blends that I sell if you are interested. E-mail me for the herb combinations if you are.

Smelly jellies are another idea - along the same lines of your potpourri, but easy and relatively inexpensive.

You could also do something like head to toe. You can buy shampoo base at WSSP also. So they'd have shampoo, soap or shower gel for the body, lotion, shaving soap for legs, do a scrub for their feet, and from your dollar store purchase some foot files and some inexpensive toe nail polish.

What fun! Lucky daughter and friends!

Oh - I think Hazel has been in FL. She should be back around soon though and she might have more ideas.

When's your party?

o

Thanks Sriston & CraftyGirl75

We haven't set a date yet, but plan to have it sometime in July(before band camp, ROTC camp,& bible school.

Didn't even think of the smelly jelly and I've been making it for a while. Going to try it with some glow-in-the-dark powder I ordered and see how that works. I think they would love that.

Love the idea of head-to-toe!

Thanks again
Jo

o

I'm back....exhausted but back. Also partly brain dead, but had a GREAT time at ebay live!!

I would say to keep costs down somewhat pick say 5 items & let each girl do 3, soap plus 2 others. While the lotion/shampoo bases are not expensive, bottles & scent DOES get expensive.
YOU & your daughter could always pre make a couple small things like a smelly jelly for each girl, & a small container of bath tea. (make a big batch & split it among them)
It may get a bit hairy with a bunch of girls all working on 5-6 different things at a time, & making sure they don't use too much scent may be a hard thing to keep up with. If each gilr picks a single scent, you could pre measure out what they need for all 3 projects in advance, so there is no waste & they can't get into too much trouble with the scent. (At that age-if a little is good a lot will be GREAT seems to apply to everything.....food, perfume, boys etc.....LOL!!)

Hope this makes sense...I've been home for about 2 hours & beens answering email, checking auctions & trying to post on this board & the auction posting board....generally get caught up......haven't even unloaded the car.......
anyway, I'll be around. May be w/o the computer for about 1 days while it gets new guts......end of the week or beginning of next week......they were SUPPOSED to do it while I was gone........

Hazel

o

Good thoughts Hazel - the "(At that age-if a little is good a lot will be GREAT seems to apply to everything.....food, perfume, boys etc.....LOL!!)". You are so right.

Guess it depends how much patience you have Jo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here