Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
soap making pot?

Posted by intriguedbysoap (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 07 at 20:15

Hello everyone I am new to making soap an i need to buy a pot can anyone tell me the best brand an where i can order off the web....stainless steel but i want to make sure its the right one to buy ( pots cost so much ) Please help Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: soap making pot?

Check Kmart..Martha Stewart has them..they are reasonable...or Walmart or a discount kitchen store...

Here is a link that might be useful: MS @ Kmart

o

Thank you terri !

o

Save yourself a couple of bucks and find a medium to heavy walled plastic tub.
I have used a 1 gallon ice cream pail, but these are a bit too thin to use effectively, so find something a bit heavier. The walls of the tub/pail should be heavy enough so it doesn't crush/collapse when handling with one hand when loaded with raw soap.
The best tubs I find are the ones that the bulk oils come in like palm, palm kernel or I would think coconut oils; these can be found lying around some of the soap supply stores if you have'm.

Do not think that this hobby requires new equipment in the beginning or even at all.

hth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here