Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Melted candle ~can it be fixed????

Posted by ladyish2 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 15, 08 at 15:13

I'm SO Stupid.... I went to the Yankee Candle sale the other day and bought 2 candles... I forgot to take them out of the trunk.

I parked in the garage (which was ok)... but a couple of days later went to see a movie. The bag was slightly a jar... and a few hours in the late afternoon ARIZONA heat.... melted! I'm not even sure if Yankee candle would exchange them.

So are my candles a total waste??? Or does anyone think that if I put them back outside (in the shade) will I be able to push the wax back so that I can use them???? At the point they are now, I can't even see the wick. However I can see a hole where the wick should be.

Thanks for any help ~ Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Melted candle ~can it be fixed????

Michelle, try putting them in a low oven on a cookie sheet, lined with foil (incase the jar breaks)...see if you can get them to melt a bit, so you can fish the wick out and make it upright..but then I'm not sure how you'll get the wick to center unless you stand there and hold it as it cools..

Might just want to get a candle warmer and make these "candle jars"...

o
RE: Melted candle ~can it be fixed????

Or a crafter's heat gun might level off the wax. But keep it moving, so it doesn't create hot spots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here