Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for lavender

Posted by JoC__SC (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 03 at 10:16

I am looking for a good source for lavender. Can anyone help?
Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for lavender

Frontier herb has good lavender (that's what alot of the health food places carry). They are a co-op & you have to join, I think. (Had their catalog, but got rid of it a few cleanings out ago)
Also, San fransisco Herb, BUT make sure you get lavender # 1, not 2. Supposedly there is only a "color" difference, but after getting # 2 once, I think it's a lesser "quality", doesn't seem to smell as good.
They have an east coast division, Atlantic spice, in MA, but if you order from them everything has to be in 1 lb incriments. If you order from San fransisco herb in CA, alot of stuff you can get in 4 oz sizes.
(depending on what you are doing with it you might want only 4 oz, as it's about a quart size ziploc bag full. a full pound is a very full gallon size bag, possibly a bit more, but only size i can think of at the moment.)

Hazel

o

I wish I had known....I just cut my lavendor would have been more then happy to mail you some...not sure what the quality you would consider it but would have been happy to share.....If by chance I get a second cutting....email me your addy i will save it and dry and mail you some lavendor...next year I should have more as I planted 3 more plants this year....Stacy

o

pelindaba.com

o

If you are East of the Mississippi you can use Atlantic Spice which is the sister company to San Francisco Herb. Same stuff just less shipping cost. As for the #2 lavender I have used that for years and it is beautiful and I have had both. But that is just my opinion. As for price I think Atlantic or SFherb have the best prices.

o

If you are looking for smaller quantities, SF herb does SOME things in 4 oz or lb sizes, Atlantic spice only has full 1 lb packages of everything. May work out about the same with the shipping difference, but I hate to waste the product if I don't need a full pound.

hazel

o

Thanks everyone. I ordered from Atlantic Spice. The lavender smells great, but so does everything stored in the box with it!
Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here