I can't believe that....

Posted by Hazel_SC (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 03 at 17:41

no one has posted here since the 9th!

Hazel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can't believe that....

Me neither, Hazel. I didn't even come to this forum for a couple of days, thinking I'd have SOMETHING to read when I did (I usually check in several times a day) but there is still nothing. I would say this is a dead forum. I wonder how long Spike will keep it if it is inactive?
Susan

o

I was wondering the same thing.

But its also pretty slow at the auction posting board I hang out at also, so maybe it's just the season....

Hazel

o

Been thinking the same thing girls. Would really hate to see it go though. I used to love coming here 10x a day! Ha! We were really active there for a while though, and to keep up you had to visit often. I was assuming that everyone just had spring fever. Hopefully it'll pick back up soon.

Heather

o

I've been busy planting my garden but just this past weekend I had a chance to get back to making soap.
I don't sell them, have more than I need right now and have given everyone I know soap, but Dd and I decided to make some this past weekend anyway!
Robin

o

I finally made some loofah soap. Scented it with pink grapefruit and it makes my mouth water just smelling it! Hope to get some shaving soap made today before Father's Day has come and gone. I found the perfect mugs, and wouldn't you know it, I haven't been able to find them (along with 3boxes of rose petals, a mold, and some baskets) for 2 months. Well, I finally found them while looking for something else. Bet none of you every do this, right? LOL

o

I have been on the lookout for shaving mugs, too, but I haven't ran across any yet. Where did you get yours?
Susan

o

Glad to hear that theres still some people around here still doing soap.
I just filled a wholesale order, & have another one to do this weekend, & I have to make some soap for the one shop I'm in.

Haven't really been in a bath & body mood.......still mucking stuff out here.
you can actually see more of the craft room than you've been able to in about 2 yrs. But theres still about the room to do.

Well, off to make some chocoalte covered potato chips......

Hazel

o

i've been looking locally also Susan - no luck...

chocolate covered potatoe chips Hazel?

o

I am just using coffee mugs. I found some at Goodwill for .25 each. They are stoneware, and short like the shaving mugs I've seen. I'll try to post a pic when I get the sets together.

Jo in SC

o

yup chocolate covered potato chips. DH loves them. I used to make them for christmas every year for a while, but have been too busy. I have a friend who's a doctor, & today is one of his nurses last day, so I'm taking over brownie bites (brownie batter in mini muffin cups, plop a mini reeses PB cup in before baking), chocolate covered potato chips & PB fudge. Ed (the nurse) loves my PB fudge, & brownie bites, & has never had chocolate covered potato chips so I figured I'd make some for him-he likes chocolate covered pretzles. usually if you like them, you like the chips..........

Hazel

o

Hazel, those Brownie Bites sound wonderful! I know my children would love them, and I think I am going to make some for them! I don't like chocolate covered pretzels so I probably wouldn't like the chocolate covered potato chips.
Susan

o

P O T A T O E ???? LOL

Brain in left field I guess. Everyone get a good laugh out of that?

I love chocolate covered pretzels. Something about that salty sweet taste. Seems like they'd be hard to make. Must have to use the thick cut wavy chips? Like ruffles?

Brownies sound good too. Might have to try those.

Stoneware mugs are a good idea as shaving cups! My SO loves to shave the old fashioned way. Forget the foamy cream or electric razor.

Heather

o

Yes, ruffles are what I use. Some of the "off" brands are too salty or not salty enough. And they seem to be just the right thickness also.
I like to use the Ghiradeli (sp?) brand of chocoalte to dip with, but was out so I just used plain old dipping chocolate.
They were a big hit...didn't last long, neither did the brownie bites or the peanut butter fudge.........

Hazel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here