Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RE: can this rebatch be saved?

Posted by tina_2 (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 13:00

Hi all.I am a ''newbie''. I really could use some advice. I rebatched a 1 & a half pound of goatmilk soap. I may have added too much liquid. I tried to scent & color it. That was 3-days ago. Here is what's happening to it.
It is still soft, in the mold & I can see little particles of the color chip. It has no scent. I just read, that it's possible to put 2- soap bases together(combine them). Do you think, I might wind up doing that? I have a plain unscented, no color base that I could use. Or should I try to melt little chunks of it in a new base? What should I do? I don't want to - throw it out. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this situation. Please email me.
Thank you,so much. Tina_2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RE: can this rebatch be saved?

"Hi all.I am a ''newbie''. I really could use some advice. I rebatched a 1 & a half pound of goatmilk soap. I may have added too much liquid. I tried to scent & color it. That was 3-days ago. Here is what's happening to it.
It is still soft, in the mold & I can see little particles of the color chip. It has no scent. I just read, that it's possible to put 2- soap bases together(combine
them). Do you think, I might wind up doing that? I have a plain unscented, no color base that I could use. Or should I try to melt little chunks of it
in a new base? What should I do? I don't want to - throw it out. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this situation."

Hi,

I am probably too late, but here's a little help.

How did you get the liquid into the recipe? Liquid goat's milk? Goat milk powder added to water? Some other way?

You could grind up some other recipe and rebatch it, or you could just rebatch it depending on how much extra water has been added with the first recipe.

I use Goat's milk powder and stick blend it right into the oils, even before you add the lye solution into your oils/fats. That's right the gm powder right into the olive oil or tallow. I do melt the fats and warm up the oils in the microwave, so they're liquifyed.
The stick blender does a very nice job and you'll wont have lumps of gm powder in your soap.

Good luck!

o
RE: Hey Ronniner )

Thanks for your advice. I am going to try it. Here's what I was first told to do with the rebatch - use a crockpot to slow melt the rebatch & add 1-cup of whole milk, stirring every 15- min.This took 2-hours. Then add scent & color. I did all that. But, somewhere it went wrong. I will try adding some little chunks of it " it's really soft>- into another plain batch, I have & see what happens. Again - I thank you for the advice - I truly appreciate it! Tina_2

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here