Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sale

Posted by silver2 (My Page) on
Sun, May 23, 04 at 3:53

One of my favorite suppliers is having a sale. Shipping and block MP soap is on sale. Good time to stock up.
Wholesale supplies. Wish they would put some of the molds on sale that I like, but was happy with my soap buys.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sale

I got that email from wholesalesuppliesplus the other day.......

wish I had some money to stock up.......

Hazel

o

I bought from them the day before they started one of their sales. Was rather annoyed, but at least my calling got me on their mailing list. So now I can plan around sales.
How are you doing with your website Hazel? I have not been for awhile, but I really thought it was very attractive site.
Have been doing Farmers Market, which other than flowers and new veggies has been slow for me. But it gets me out and I tend to buy when I am not busy. Probably not the best way to do business. But I have a good time.

o

I had the web site redesigned at the beginning of Feburary-was one of the projects I wanted to work on last year.....

i guess because of the redesign I had to be submitted to the search engines all over or something, because things pretty much ground to a halt for about 8 weeks (which didn't really break my heart as I had RL crisis's going on....)
About the end of april hits on the web site started to pick up, & I started to get wholesale inquries again (which stopped abruptly after the redesign also).
Now it's doing great hit wise, & orders have started picking up again--now I just need to figure out what to do while I'm gone to ebay live at the end of June.

Last year I had the web folks put up a notice basically saying, I'm on vacation, but I will contact you asap type message, but that really made things slow down order wise (except for the folks I met at EL, who all ordered a bunch of stuff....)

I've been really concentrating on ebay sales this year, & trying to clean out the assorted excess craft stuff I have here. (And I have about 6 lg. plastic tubs of stuff I need to get pictures of & up in my ebay store for a friend of mine. She's getting out of crafting & has already gotten rid of bunches of stuff at the flea market, & I have all this stuff to sell for her....My store will be FULL, FULL, FULL when I get it done.)

I also set up links from ebay to the web site & from the web site to my ebay store. Haven't had any combined sales yet, but........

Haven't done much soap wise except try the recipes you put up here. Haven't been out to the shop where they are, so I don't know how they are doing. Have to get out ther this week, so I'm pouring soap to restock out there.

Basically been working on a lot of volunteer stuff for the online group I'm involved with DOUA. We will have a booth at ebay live this year, so I'll be working, not just there to have a good time.

So basically doing a lot of everything, but doesn't feel like I'm making much progress anywhere. THe previously almost cleaned craft room now has my friends stuff in it, PLUS the new stuff I sell on ebay (Italian charms for the bracelets, beads etc), plus some craft stuff in the computer room, I have stuff everywhere getting ready for ebay live.
And after I get back from New Orleans, I have to start making stuff for the holiday festival at the county park (348 pieces total, between earrings, lavender products & ornaments).

And I thought this year was gonna be SLOW.......I've on signed up for 3 craft shows for fall...probably can't handle much more......

Hazel

Here is a link that might be useful: DOUA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here