Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Report from first craft show

Posted by magimay (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 03 at 18:48

Well, I'm back from my first craft show. I must say that while it was a great experience, was disapointed in the crowd. It was a small, church group craft show and I dont think they advertised well enough, but I am grateful for the experience.

I made a little money - about three times the booth fee, which I guess is okay. Everyone said my presentation was wonderful, very professional looking. tomorrow I will fiddle around with the pictures I took and post them for ya'll to see and comment on.

I think the weather (cloudy in the a.m. and raining in the afternoon) might have had an effect on the crowds as well.

So, all in all, I'm glad its over and now I can relax. I don't feel compelled to soap, soap, soap, soap, soap, which is what I've been doing for weeks now. I have lots of stuff left over for the next show - which won't be for a while!

Magi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Report from first craft show

Sounds like fun Magi, even if attendance was a bit light. I have yet to get my soap 'perfected' enough to try a craft fair, but someday I might. As much money as I've spent on supplies, I should try.
Making back your booth fee is a good thing. I split a booth with a friend of mine a long time ago and made exactly 5 dollars-- nowhere near what I paid for the space. And it was a busy even too. I think I might be a little jealous;-)
Glad it went well,
Debi

o
RE: Report from first craft show

Congrats, Magi! For a show that's not well advertised, 3 times the booth fee is great!

Please post the pictures!

=)
Andrea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here