Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally got to be crafty today!

Posted by JoC__SC (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 03 at 17:56

After more than 4 weeks in this wheelchair, I finally got to be crafty today. My sister came up and we made gift bags for her PTA volunteers.
Green Tea scented ribbon soap, bath fizzies, bath salts, and rock crystal potpourri.
It was so much fun, not to mention a great change from watching TV.
Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally got to be crafty today!

Good for you! What is ribbon soap? I am not familiar with it.
Susan

o

What I know as ribbon soap is soap that has another soap inbedded. The inbedded soap is poured on a flat surface thinly - making it flexible, then sliced and curled this way and that to resemble a ribbon. Then it's embedded with several other pieces/colors into a loaf mold (usually) and sliced. Pretty neat. Takes patience. Is this what you guys did?

Did you take pictures Jo? I don't have the patience for that. Artsy soap is not for me. Plus I don't buy non bleeding colors.

Congrats on getting around a little bit.
Heather

o

We just used a veggie peeler and sliced down the edge of white M&P and it curled itself. Put them in freezer. Melted clear M&P, added color & FO and poured half in loaf mold, added ribbons, then poured the rest over the top. It was really easy and looked very pretty when sliced. Sorry, forgot pics this time.
We made everything mint green and it looked so springy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here