Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Candle making Please

Posted by Bullyscents (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 14:33

Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle melting machine. I can make the candle but the wick doesn't burn correctly and the candle doesn't burn all of the way. what am I doing wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Candle making Please

The wick may not be the right size. Underwicking gives the result you describe. Look on some sites that sell candle-making supplies. They often have guides to find the right wick for your project.

o

The wick you are using is likely not big enough, or you are not using enough wicks. There is a great wick suggestion chart on Natures Garden website that could help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Natures Garden

o

I like to use cd18 wick, thet work great for me.

o

You must consider the size of the container you are using, when selecting a wick. Make sure you measure the diameter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here