SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tararara_gw

How are our swappers doing??

tararara
21 years ago

I am still working on my stuff, but will have it in the mail by the deadline (which is tomorrow, btw!!). How is everybody else doing? I can't wait to get my package!!

Comments (23)

• CraftyGirl75
    21 years ago

Mine went out yesterday by priority mail.

Heather

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

mine left today, priority mail........hazel

• Related Discussions

Louisville Plant Swappers...BABY !!!!

Q

Comments (3)
    CONGRADULATION!!!! I know the baby will be so loved. Babbies just steal your heart...I know...Love that name.Griffin Nancy from Valley Station
    ...See More

Spring Swap: Details for New Swappers

Q

Comments (3)
    I plan on attending. I won't have much to trade due to the ongoing drought, but I'll find something (I'll post a list after this weekend). I'll also bring a deli tray of meat. I look forward to seeing you all again! Nelson
    ...See More

HELP! How do we give our Colonial entry a facelift for $5,000?

Q

Comments (22)
    Hi everyone, thanks for your opinions and suggestions. However, this post is specifically for entry door & mudroom design ideas... not about adding in fences or landscaping. This is not our forever home and changes need to have some ROI to be worth adding to this old house. ;) I already had a different thread going for landscaping on here that proved VERY helpful in our long term DIY landscaping plans. :) So, we are all set with landscaping plans thanks to some kind folks suggestions and photos on that thread here last year. Also- we enjoy the sunny southern facing deck and we like the new walkway. It works well for our rural region and our neighborhood. The walkway is staying for the next few years and so is the deck. I am not asking about changing those features right now, so please respect that. We will not be able to afford adding in a fence to our three acres for only $5k, plus there is not a need for a fence. This is not our forever home and those changes do not have high ROI. Also, no other neighbors have fences as regionally that’s not our style in this neighborhood. We don’t want to be the only home with a fence. For this post, we are Simply focusing on the entry storm door/ mudroom area and how to improve that while staying true to the Dutch colonial style of our house. I’ve drawn in a really rough idea for roofing to the images below, and I think we are going to add a new storm door to the mudroom entry as well as fix the window placement on either side of the storm door. Our friend is a fine custom home builder here near Ithaca and can help us, but I wanted to see if this community had suggestions before we talk with him. Thanks in advance for your kind and respectful suggestions.
    ...See More

How do I decorate our home Spanish Mediterranean style?

Q

Comments (7)
    Yes, its possible to make your interior what you love...modern Mediterranean means what to you? Provide pics of a room or rooms you want to start with and create an ideabook with inspiration pics. Heres just a few pics... to me it means high contrast ie white walls with dark wood pieces like perhaps a dark wood coffee table with curved legs, wrought iron but simple lines, not ornate, simple lines in furniture, colorful pillows, large pieces of pottery, cyprus, olive trees, lemon trees
    ...See More
  • tararara
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I just mailed mine, priority mail as well! Woo hoo!

• sriston
    21 years ago

Heck, I'm running late as usual. Been working overtime and haven't had time to catch the post office open. Mine will mail out Friday (I am off on Friday's). It is all packed- just gotta get it to the post office! Sorry. :(
    Susan

• magimay
    21 years ago

Got mine off today - barely! I've been preparing for my first craft show and I haven't had time to eat sleep or breathe. But - I think (hope) the receiver of my box will be very pleased as a result.

Magi

• tararara
    Original Author
    21 years ago

How about BeckyJo_OH and BuffyC??

• BeckyJo_OH
    21 years ago

I got my stuff off on the 1st- Priority mail. I cant wait to hear the results from everyone!! :)
    Becky

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

Hooray!!
    I got my package today!

Okay, fess up.........who was my swapee??
    I like the fragrance-no, I haven't played with that yet.....
    I loved the whole set,, especially the travel size soap! Can I ask where you got the mold? I have customers asking for a smaller bar........& couldn't find a mold I liked, but I like yours!

Also curious because I'm from MI orginally......DH grandparents still live in Davision.......

(For those that are now dying of curiosity, I got a gift set in cool citrus basil. Bubble bath, lotion a 4 oz glycerin soap & a 2 oz glycerin soap. All in a very pretty cello bag, with tissue to match the soap [soft green], & tied with raffia. Ingredient list inclosed in the bag, tied with raffia. VERY well done!)

Do you sell your sets? What is your most popular scent & combo of items? Do you mind me asking what you can get for them up north? That's the only bad thing about this area....they are CHEAP!

Anyway, I REALLY like the scent, presentation, everything!

(Do you do your own labels?)

THANKS!

Hazel

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

Just wondered if anyone else got their soap swap stuff? Should we start a new thread for the I got it list??

Hazel

• sriston
    21 years ago

I mailed mine out Friday, and I got my stuff Friday. My package was from Hazel, and it was great! I got two oval soap bars, one in Southern Belle and one in Patchouli-Raspberry. I was glad to get the Southern Belle because it was a fragrance I was considering ordering and it was such a wonderful fragrance I did order it! The other soap is almost too pretty to use; it appears to be a clear soap with a black tint (I have never been able to achieve a black color myself) with little suspended drops of other color in it. It has a jewel-tone like appearance, and it is beautiful. I also got a hand lotion/rose petal soap set. The hand lotion is very nice and also happened to be in a fragrance I was considering. I love the bottle it was in- I haven't run across any like that yet. It seems all I find are the regular bottles. Where do you buy your bottles? Anyway, I really appreciated the rose petals because I know what hard work they are! Their fragrance was lovely, too. It is Savannah Breeze, and smells like apricot. Thanks so much!
    Susan

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

Susan,
    Glad it arrived ok. THe bottles are from Majastic mountian sage, available in 2, 4 & 8 oz. they are called grand ovals.

The patchouli raspberry soap is actually tied dyed with the LOP colors wine & torquoise.

From what my customers are telling me, while the savannah breeze has a "peachy/apricot" scent in bar/bottle form, you hadrly smell it when using the soap-the florals come thru more.

Hazel

• CraftyGirl75
    21 years ago

I got my package on Friday also. Too busy to post though. Thank you very much to Magi, my swapper. I love the oatmeal bar - is that oatmeal milk and honey scent? It's not a scent that I have used, that much I know. Magi was very generous. She sent me 3 soaps at about 2.5 oz. each, a 4 oz. lotion, 4 oz. shower gel, and a 4 oz. hand sanitizer.

Hazel - I confess, I'm your swapper. I thought that it was supposed to be a secret. I also have to confess that I went to your website to see what scents you sell. Then I picked a scent that I carry that you didn't. Actually I don't think we carry anything that's the same. But CCB is my favorite, and it is very popular up here.

The small oval mold is a Crafters Choice and you can get it at WSSP. They call it a petite oval and it comes 3 up. It's perfest for sample bars (fill it half full), and perfect for me when I want to try a new scent out myself. I also like to use it for kids soaps. Put a little duck or frog on top of it in clear blue glycerin. So cute.

Thank you for the praise. Presentation is important to me, so that means a lot. I like the natural raffia look, and that's how I seem to package most things.

I am just getting started up here, so not really sure what will be the best sellers. People up here are cheap also, at least in this area. Down towards Ypsilanti this stuff is hot. What I sent you would be priced at $14.00 around here, and it sells fine. Down there it would go for about $18.00. I sold five of them to one gal for her grandkids for Easter presents. I included a gift card and they were wrapped in easter printed cello instead of clear. I don't think $14.00 is bad. Priced separate it all would cost $17.50 at what I sell my items for.

I do my own labels. I have a very nice laser printer and I just invested in a color printer. The only thing I do on color are my ordering booklets and flyers though. I also just bought waterproof blank labels. They are expensive so I am only using them on the shower gel and bubble baths. Still pretty much in the experimentation mode.

Anyway - thanks again Magi, and to Tara for organizing the swap. It was fun and I would love to do it again - but I'm greedy - I want more. So next time I would like to have (or be) a coordinator and get more people or items involved.

Heather

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

Heather,
    14.00 to 18.00 IS a good price for that set up. Down here I could probably get 12.00-12.50, unless I went to the "Ypsilanit's" of this area, then MAYBE 16.00-18.00, BUT they would want a discount if buying more than 1..........

Thanks for the info on the mold, I'll have to get some........I offer my potential wholesale customers a choic of 3 bars of soap, or 2 brs & a lotion (2 oz) to sample my items. I'll be able to send 1 full size bar for them to see, & the rest will be smaller bars, or just send all small bars as samples........

Do you have a web site I can see your stuff at? or could you send me a booklet or flyer? Since you carry stuff I don't I may have some people that might like to check out your stuff.......plus we have relatives in Davision & the Detroit area who might be interested.....

I agree, I would like to have gotten stuff from several folks, I like seeing what everyone else does!

Hazel

• CraftyGirl75
    21 years ago

Web site is coming soon Hazel. Have to start cracking the whip on the guy - or else find someone else. It will be at my company name .com. I'll send you out a few booklets tomorrow.

Thanks for the interest. It makes me nervous when someone else who has a business gets interested because I'm new to the whole "official business" thing. I've sold my stuff in craft shows for a while, but the bath products are relatively new to me.

I noticed that you have eye pillows on your site. I offer eye pillows also. How do those go for you? I've sold several (I think our price is the same) but get complaints about them. Maybe they are just not herb users, but a lot of people don't like the smell. Mine are a combo of rice, flax seed, spearmint, peppermint, very light rosemary, chamomile, and lavender. I can't pinpoint what they'd be smelling that they don't care for.

• Hazel_SC
    21 years ago

Mine are just filled with lavender, & they do well, both at craft shows & wholesale. Could be with the mints & the rosemary it may be too sharp of a smell.
    Also, the mints & rosemary are "invigorating", the chamomile & lavender "soothing, calmning", so they may be getting "mixed" messages via the limbic system.
    Just a guess, it may be a pleasnt smelling mix, BUT not achiving the goal you are hoping for-SLEEP.

I too am cautious about other business's, but we are far enough apart, even WITH the internet, that we aren't in direct competition, other than both being in B&B. Eventually we may end up carrying some of the same scents, but even still that's not bad.
    One of my first wholesale customers was also in B&B, & had a web site.....that's HOW i got mine, I went through the web folks she used.....
    anyway, she bought stuff from me BECAUSE it was quality stuff she didn't carry, & going to craft shows she couldn't keep up, so she bought some stuff from me, & made some of her own. She also sold my stuff on her web site & ebay......but I DON'T sell my soap on ebay, so it was no problem.....

But some competitors don't play nicely....I have one locally who is constantly trying to find out where i get my scents, etc......I'm VERY catious around her, not to say much of ANYTHING......

I'll watch for your booklets, & then get one off to the family!

Hazel

• CraftyGirl75
    21 years ago

Maybe that's my problem Hazel - I have to change the name of the eye pillows. Sleep is not what I was intending them for. My instructions read to use for headaches, stress, sinus, etc. - hot or cold.

When I finally get the web site up I'll put a link to your site if you'd like. As already said, we don't offer the same scents, we're far enough apart, and maybe we could help each other out. I talked with the web guy last night and he said it will definitely be up by May 1st, which was my goal.

I see the "not playing nicely" all the time in the business that I am in - the one that pays the bills. Not something that I believe in.

Maybe we should swap some (more) "samples" of things down the road.

• BuffyC
    21 years ago

Hello There,
    I received my swap package and LOVE it. It was Lavender Peppermint in bath fizz, bath salts and soap. My kids and I love to smell it everywhere. We made a batch of rosemary mint on Monday. It is nothing like the swap box. What a great idea. I feel awful, I'm a newbie. I sent four items that didn't match in scent. I didn't know what I was doing. Now I have a better idea. Please forgive me .

Let's swap again!
    Buffy

• tararara
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I'm really glad you liked it, Buffy! I had a lot of fun making it... And, I'm sure it's fine that your stuff didn't match! There weren't any rules about matching, it was just easier for me.

• sriston
    21 years ago

Buffy, my stuff wasn't a matched set, either. I just sent a few of my favorite things that I make. They were nothing fancy, as I am just starting, but hopefully my swapper will enjoy them.
    Susan

• tararara
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I got my box! I got my box! Susan made me three soaps: a kitchen soap (is that coffee grounds in there??) a pretty red soap with kaolin red clay in it (it settles into the design on the mold to make a two-tone effect - slick! And also a red heart soap with an enchanting scent (please tell! What is it??). Swapping is so much fun! I wish I had a decent digital camera to show pictures, because her soaps are really nice!

• sriston
    21 years ago

I am glad you like them, Tara. Yes, that is coffee grounds in the kitchen soap. I just love using that kitchen soap. The Kaolin Red Clay soap was an accident, but I liked the way it turned out- kind of a layered look. The whole thing was supposed to have been swirled, but I find swirling difficult! I haven't perfected the art of swirling yet! The red heart is a custom blend of mine- one that I especially like. It is equal parts Secret Crush and Honeysuckle. That combination makes a great scent, I think. I have to admit that combination was not my idea; a friend of mine told me about it.
    Susan

• magimay
    21 years ago

I must confess that I've been very negligent in posting lately, but I got a wonderful package over a week ago from Becky Jo. It had bath fizzies and bath oil beads in a lovely glass container, a gardener's soap with poppy seeds, and a yummy-smelling raspberry oatmeal soap. I've tried everything but the raspberry oatmeal soap (saving it for a special occasion). The gardener's soap was especially helpful yesterday after I spent 8 hours working in my yard. Scrubbed the dirt right off. My daughter and I have been fighting over the bath bombs. So far, its been about a 50-50 split. She loves them too. Thanks so much!

Glad you liked your stuff Heather. I wish I would have packaged it prettier considering the feedback from everyone else. I just needed to get it out to you so I thought that sending more stuff to sample was better than the presentation, at least for the swap purposes.

Magi

• tararara
    Original Author
    21 years ago

I've lost track - did everybody get something???

Sponsored