Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
label question

Posted by sriston (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 15, 03 at 21:58

I am working on making some labels. I have Paint Shop Pro 7. I have the background picture I want, but I would like to tone it down. The colors in it are not bright colors,(it is mostly a "green" scene) but they overpower the text. Even using white text, the text seems to be "lost" in the picture. Is there any way I can soften the colors of this picture without losing the quality of the photo? I tried the "soften" option( I think that was what it was called), but it seemed to blur the picture and I don't want a blurry picture. I appreciate any suggestions.
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: label question

There's a couple of options. I don't have paint shop pro, but have used other software. Some have a "watermark" option that allows you to convert and image to a watermark and it automatically mutes the colors for you. You could also try adjusting the contrast on the image to "lighten" it up, thereby muting the colors some. How detailed is the picture? You can always resort to recoloring it yourself.

o
RE: label question

Thanks, stace. I couldn't figure out the watermark thing (PSP does have that option) but I was able to adjust the contrast and get the lightness I wanted but still the quality of the picture. Thanks a bunch for your help- I would have never thought of either of those things!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here