Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Made Castile Soap

Posted by elle110 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 18, 04 at 18:37

I am on my 5th batch of Cold Process Soap and love it, although still doing glycerin as well.

I made Castile Soap and scented it with Lavender Vanilla with finely ground oats for Baby Soap, I love it. Put a tiny bit of Beeswax and got the nicest hard bar.

Today made Peppermint soap w/Peppermint leaves. Can't wait til this one is ready to see the finished product.

I also made Lavender Vanilla Baby Butter with Shea Butter, Calendula infused Olive Oil and Emu Oil.

I am getting ready for a huge show in May and feel like I just keep making product but will need alot.

Other good news, my website is officially under construction. It is in it's first days so looks very barbaric but should be done in next few weeks. YEAH!!!!!

I added Lemongrass Sage to my fragrance line and everyone is going googoo over it. It was the best decision in fragrances I have made.

I got another new account in a local shop that is opening May 1st so will have to have plenty of stock for that as well.

Whew, I need help (and sleep)

Well, thanks for letting me ramble, where is everyone?

Anyone making any new and interesting products?

Michelle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Made Castile Soap

I too have been wondering where everyone is. I have a show the first weekend in May also then another in August and a third in December. I have been working like crazy to be able to keep my booth at the market stocked and still have plenty for the shows.
Your soaps sound wonderful. I too make CP soaps but have never messed with the M & P glycerin soaps except for my dipped silk petals. I love doing CP and I have a website and am working to try to fill it up with stuff. I was ill for a while and got behind on everything. I am 72 and do all the stuff myself no help . Well DH does help stick on labels once in a while. LOL
Blessings,
Doris

o

Gosh, you all have been busy! I am busy making stuff, too, but I don't do craft shows or sell on the internet; we own a small soap and candle shop located in an up-scale flea market. I only do M&P soap; have never tried making CP. I tried some organic CP that a friend of mine made recently. It was lovely soap, herb filled and smelled and looked wonderful. However, neither my son nor I could use it. ALthough it didn't break us out like commercial soap will, it was so hard that we just didn't like the feel of it and it made our skin feel irritated afterwards (although it didn't look irritated). We prefer the softness of the M&P. I am glad to see someone is still hanging around and checking the forum- this forum is pretty much dead although at one time a couple of years ago it was very active.
Susan

o

Glad to see others here also!

Have made CP & M&P.....with both at my craft booth the M&P sold better than CP, so that's what I stuck with.
however local sales have fallen off drastically, so I am still doing some soap for shows, but have gotten into jewelry making too.

THe M&P still does well on the web site, & for wholesale, just not locally. I think cuz so many folks are making there own with stuff from Micheals & other hobby/craft stores.

At least with the jewelry it takes up a whole lot less room, & I can make well in advance & it can just sit & it doesn't loose any value. But it wasn't cheap to get into either.........

Have also been trying to sell more stuff on ebay, & get different suppliers.

And working on cleaning out the craft room.

Hazel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here