Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to purchase M&P soap base

Posted by stace14 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 03 at 17:50

So far I have found it at
Michaels & Hobby Lobby Craft Stores.

I also found websites for Wholesale Supplies Plus and Brambleberry.

What are other suggestions that you have for good prices and good selection?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to purchase M&P soap base

Probably depends somewhat upon where you live, since the shipping is so expensive...

o

Personally, I think WSS (Wholesale Supplies Plus.Com) has good base and the shipping is reasonable. I have never ordered from anywhere else. You might want to search the archives for this board - I can't remember threads specifically, but we've had quite a few discussions on this very topic.

Good Luck!
Jill

o

Another vote for WSS.........I've tried it from soapberry lane, & soap wizards, plus wal mart when they had it (soap company was Surrey, from texas-great base, but can't find it anywhere except directly from the company, & a truckload is a BIT more than i need/want....)
Like the WSS base. plus the choices in size & types. I prefer the 2 lb trays because I've done it so long I know just how much I need to make 1 bar or 10.......

(Glad to see Jill still able to post!!)

Hazel

o

michael's...*hisssssss* ;o)

if you're closer to the west coast, i've purchased from wisteria lane a couple times. because i live about 2 hrs away, the shipping was reasonable.

alot of people love sfic's base but they have a high minimum of at least 250 lbs. if you can get someone to split an order with you, it's not too bad. (hi ellen!)

also check out YAL...yet another link for 'compilation' of websites. it's a bit overwhelming because there're so many links but there're alot of good sites.

good luck!
andrea

o

I always use SFIC base. I think it is better than any I have tried, and I like the fact that it is entirely organic and chemical-free. It is true that from the company you have to purchase large quantities, but I am able to purchase mine in more reasonable quantities from a business that re-sells it at a reasonable price. Their official website is still under construction (it will have on-line ordering) but here is the link to their website now.
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Double D Ranch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here