Soap Swap - Sign up here

Posted by CraftyGirl75 (heath1124a@aol.com) on
Wed, Mar 12, 03 at 14:18

Ok, so far we have:
me (tarara, aka Tara)
magimay (aka Magi)
sriston (aka Susan)
CraftyGirl75 (aka Heather)
Let's follow Magi's suggestions and do three items each sent to one other member.

You are in charge Tara - set the deadline to sign up date, and let us know the deadline that items must leave our house by. Will you e-mail us with the person we send to and their address? Or how does that work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soap Swap - Sign up here

Thanks for the new thread, Heather!

Ok, deadline to join the swap is next Weds 3/17. For those that haven't read the other thread, we're each making three items to send to another member of the board (i.e. a couple bars of soap and some bath salts or a bar of soap, a bath bomb and some lotion - you get the idea...) This is just for fun, to check out what others are doing, to get to know each other, to get feedback on our stuff, etc.

If you want to play, kindly email me your address (tara@drizzle.com) and I will shuffle everyone around and email you back with your recipient's name/address (unless someone has a better idea re: logistics??)

And, let's say two weeks for making stuff? Does that sound reasonable to everyone? That means your goodies must be in the mail by April 1st (no April Foolsday jokes!!)

o

I'm game, but you already know that! Tara, your idea is perfect - exactly what I had in mind.

Magi

o

I think 3/17 is a monday, not a wednesday....

Hazel

o

Sounds good to me.
Susan

o

Thanks to Hazel for reminding me that I can't read a calendar (or count, it would seem). Sheesh. Weds the 19th is the cutoff, not Monday the 17th... :)

o

Bumping this back up to the top. Come on guys - sign up. I guess this is pointless if you've directly e-mailed Tara. What's the count Tara?

o

Nobody new to add to the count... Just the four of us (and, I still need Susan's contact info - email me, please!!).

Four is fine, but more would be merrier! It will be fun! Join up! Weds was/is the deadline...

o

I have been trying to find something special to make, and with success!! I would be happy to participate. :) Becky

o

Let me know if y'all ever decide to do a "group" swap...you know I send 1 person 6 of something & get 6 different back.
(I'm nosy-I like to see what a bunch of people are doing! LOL!!)

Plus if I'm pouring I'd rather do a bunch than 1.........but that's what I'm used to doing.....

Hazel

o

Hazel: That's the kind of swap I'm doing on Handcraftedsoap.org right now... It's more work for the coordinator, but it should be fun to get a bunch of bars back. Now, if I could just quit being such a perfectionist and decide something is good enough to share, I could actually mail mine off! Argh!

Methinks Hazel should play anyway... Please Hazel? Pretty please?

o

For all of those who don't do anything but soap, join anyway! three bars of soap are fine - don't be intimidated by others who have branched out into other things. It just might inspire you to branch out too. I, personally, love getting new soaps. Would be happy with just that!
Magi

o

I would rather do that too Hazel. But we got nowhere with that back in November. I figured if I ever wanted to participate in a swap I better do this one now. I'll do the next swap and be the coordinator. Would anyone be interested in that down the road? Say a month from now?

I think Hazel should participate too. C'mon Hazel, you have to have something in stock. Just grab it and send it!

Heather

o

May I please sign up for the swap?
Thanks,
Carolyn

o

I just got a couple orders from the web site & have to pour some soap, so add me to the list......I'll probably just be sending 3 soaps, or maybe 2 soaps & a lotion.........

Hazel

o

Has anyone heard from Jill? She might want to join. I think her posting benefit may have expired. Jill - I know you're readng - e-mail someone if you want to join. I know you want those other kinds of bath products!

o

Hazel and Carolyn: Welcome to the Swap! Yay! All you need to do is email me your contact info (full name and address. I promise I'm not a stalker:))

Tomorrow is the cutoff for new swappers - anybody on the fence about joining, fall off the fence into the swap!! I'll wait until Thursday to divvy up names...

BTW, I finally made soap for the other swap I'm in! I might see if I can borrow my mom's digital camera and show you the soap that I finally deem worthy of swapping!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here