Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question for Hazel

Posted by sandra_d (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 03 at 13:02

Hi Hazel, I have a question for you. Have you ever had anyone complain that your soap was drying & if so, how did you fix it? My daughter says the m&p I made for her dries out her skin. Do you add anything like oils or butters to moisturize? Is goat's milk soap better for this problem?
Thanks & hoping you can help, Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question for Hazel

No,I've gotten nothing but complements on the soap. Where did you get your base? and what oils?
Glycerin is a natural humectrant, which draws moisture to the skin....it's possible her skin was dry before but just not noticed, but as with anything, when we change soap, tooth paste, deoderent, we are more likely to "notice" something that we overlooked before, & presumed it was normal.
It could be the soap base or the oils, you could try different, base & scent or leave it unscented & see how it goes.

Hazel

(ps excuse any typos....just got in from stained glass class & have boo-boo's on multiple fingers....)

o
RE: question for Hazel

Thanks, Hazel. I'll tell her I added something (but not really do it) for the next bar & see what she thinks!! The base I used is from a supplier not far from where I live - tubosoap - & I have never had any problems with any of his products. Maybe it's just my primadonna daughter. Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here