SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sriston

Acne Soap

sriston
20 years ago

I named this one "Blemish Buster Bar". This is my own recipe, developed because of customer response and my own sons have acne. I start by using a combination of one pound of white soap base and one pound of Goatsmilk base. After the bases have melted, I add two tablespoons of unrefined shea butter (for its healing properties). Once I have the shea butter stirred into the base good, I add two tablespoons of Multani Mitti Clay (I imagine you could use any good, oil absorbing clay). This is difficult to mix in and really won't blend well until the base is cooling and gets thicker, so don't worry if it clumps and stuff. I then add a fistfull of crushed baby oatmeal (for its soothing properties, like I am making oatmeal soap). I have several teenagers who are regular customers of my oatmeal soap because they say that although it doesn't refine their face and remove excess oil, the oatmeal has done wonders for helping their acne. After I have stirred that some, I remove the pot from the heat and begin to let it cool. I use a whisk at this point and stir the mixture with it because it incorporates everything better. After the base has cooled just a bit, I add a tablespoon of Tea Tree essential oil (for its antiseptic properties). I continue using the whisk at intervals (it takes a long time for this soap to cool and reach the pouring stage). You have to let this soap cool really well or the clay and oatmeal wont stay suspended in it. Usually I pour mine when it has the consistency of thick homemade gravy. This soap is great and so far everyone loves it. I just combined the best of everything to create this soap for problem skin. Because of the tea tree oil, it does not smell nice, but I do not add any fragrance oils; my goal was to keep this 100% natural.

Susan

Comments (4)

Sponsored