SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sriston

Kitchen Soap

sriston
20 years ago

This is another recipe I got from Libby Dryden. It is great, and we sell about 20 bars of this soap a week. It is by far the best soap I have ever used at my kitchen sink. I use two pounds of SFIC Goatsmilk base. Once it is melted, I add two tablespoons of Coffee Mocha fragrance oil (from WSP, it is a duplicate of Starbuck's Cafe Mocha). After the fragrance oil is stirred in well, I add two tablespoons of used, well dried coffee grounds. Let this cool down really, really well before pouring it into the mold so the coffee grounds will stay suspended and not sink to the bottom. Because of the FO and the coffee grounds, this soap will age to brown. This soap has never failed to remove any kind of odor from my hands. Customers love it. I also have several customers that use it on their dogs (they say it gets rid of the doggy smell). Now, a note here: this fragrance, although everyone loves it, does not sell at all in regular soap. I thought it would, because it is such a wonderful fragrance and the fragrance is the first thing that draws customers to the kitchen soap. Kitchen Soap sells like hotcakes, regular soap with this fragrance sat for two months on our shelves. I finally re-cycled it. Strange, isn't it?

Susan

Comments (13)

Sponsored