Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tye-Dye Soap (w/Photo!)

Posted by Jill_NC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 7, 03 at 23:24

Since I've been bugging everyone about posting photos, I thought maybe I should get on the stick and post one myself. Made these the other day--had seen the instructions for them awhile back and wanted to try. I got the base melted, mold ready - poured the soap and got the colors dotted in (yellow, blue, green) and swirled all before the soap skimmed over...then remembered that I'd forgotten to put any scent in it. I swear I can't win LOL! I remelted two of them and got a nice green and scented them with cucumber-melon. Left the other one alone just to see what the liquid dye would do as far as migration. The detail did soften a bit, but not as bad as I thought it would.

BTW...that IS a window screen that they are leaning up against. I did these the other day when it was 74 here :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: tye-dye soap photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tye-Dye Soap (w/Photo!)

Jill, they look so pretty. Really nice color. I like the way the color is swirling thru. How did you get that?
By the way, it was -27 where I live last week & I sure didn't have my windows open!! Sandra

o

Sandra--
I put 2-3 drops of each color around the soap and then used a toothpick to swirl them together. The last one got funky 'cuz by the time I got to swirling, it had started to skim over...so I swirled and then just pulled the skim (yuck) out with my toothpick.

J

o

Looks great Jill! I had some turn out very similar to that...however, mine were an accident! LOL
Kristi

o

Jill,
You're baaaaaaack.....back in the saddle again!!! (Aerosmith song) I LOVE those soaps - so funkadelic! Reminds me of the "make love, not war" era. The swirls are perfect as are the colors. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!! Great job!

o

Groovy, Jill!

o

Quit rubbin in the nice weather, especially to us northerners!

And so glad they turned out great for ya. But don't save them, use them or give them away while they are still cool looking. The ones I made eventually turned a solid shade. I don't know what happens but those colors just start heading south. Sorry!

Heather

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here