SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_nc_gw

I hate soapmaking....

Jill_NC
21 years ago

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to make ONE d@mn bar of soap that smelled good. I'm using clear base w/a little white...just ONE bar that smells like it's supposed to.

Today I made a batch of soap using a FO, made for soap, that I really liked...soap hardened, popped it out and you couldn't even smell it. I used about 1 tsp in 12 oz. of soap. Hated the color too. So I rebatched...melted it w/just a little more clear base, a tiny bit of water...reheated on low (covered) just till melted--adjusted the color with another 15 drops or so of color (blue--still hate it...just not as much) and dumped another TSP of FO into it...could kinda smell it when stirring...poured into molds and let it set up a minute. DH was in the kitchen so I said "smell this"....he couldn't even guess what it was. I smelled it...hardly smells. 2 tsp of FO in 12 oz. of soap and you can't smell it??? It's not just like that in this batch...that's my "MO" for soapmaking...for the most part you can't *smell* any of my soap. You'd think maybe the soap was too hot and I burned the FO off...nope...soap had started skimming by the time I got around to adding the FO. I just want to make pretty soap that smells 1/2 way good---all I get are 60's looking colors even after dumping 20-30+ drops of liquid soap dye into it. I'll post a photo tomorrow. I hate this. I need to go back to making wind spinners or something like that.

Comments (8)

Sponsored