Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mardi Gras Soap turned into Rainbow Soap (pix)

Posted by Jill_NC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 03 at 22:06

I had grand plans of making a layered bar with green/gold/purple. Since I only had LOTP liquid dyes, I poured a thin layer of clear in bewteen the color layers. Took this photo w/the light coming through the bar so you could see what it looked like. Guess it's more "rainbow" - I used a scent called "jewelled citrus".

Jill

Here is a link that might be useful: Rainbow Soap Photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mardi Gras Soap turned into Rainbow Soap (pix)

Jill,
That looks wonderful! Reminds me of hard candy - I just want to bite into it! I bet it smells divine!
Susan

o

Jill, that is so pretty! It does look like candy! Like jelly candy! Sandra

o

Cool! I'd like to try the purple green and gold thing myself. Maybe today. I'm about to get started - weather's nasty and I had enough parading last night. BTW-Does your mom live in New Orleans? you said in the other post that she sent you some beads.

Magi

o

Magi-
My folks live real close to Gulf Shores, AL. I would love to be down there one year for their boat parade. One house in their neighborhood decorates a tree in their front yard by hanging tons of bead necklaces all over it...looked SO cool!

Jill

o

I love Gulf Shores, my favorite vacation spot! You ought to come down to New Orleans for the REAL Mardi Gras. The copycats can't compare - no offense to your folks and the good people of Gulf Shores - LOL!

Magi

o

Ooooh - that's a pretty one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here