Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm new here.

Posted by LADYLAVENDER (hawley@kalnet.com) on
Thu, Feb 20, 03 at 18:06

Ok, had to break down and join so I could post on this site. I'm from Iowa and have been making soaps for a little over a year. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm new here.

Hi Mary! Welcome to the board. I'm a fairly recent joiner as well. I come in everyday to check things out and see if I can learn some new tricks! I know you'll be pleased with this forum!

Lissa

o

Hey Mary! Welcome to the soap board!

Jill

o

Welcome. I make candles but have recently got involved in soap making and, as is everyone else here, I'm hooked and so is my husband.
Susan

o

Hello, & welcome!
Hazel

o

Welcome Mary.

A newbie and Jill didn't prompt for pictures. Hmm... Get ready Mary - it's coming.

Hopefully you'll have lots to share with us. I think most of us spend more time talking about soap than making it though!

There's lots of great people here, glad you decided to join!
Heather

o

Hi Mary! Welcome to a great bunch of people who love to share what they learn. Sandra

o

so you DO have a digital camera, right?? That's a prerequisite here LOL!!!!!

(thx Heather)

o

Thanks for the great welcome. I have lots of pics, you might be sorry you asked. Going to a soap gathering in Des Moines tomorrow so hopefully will have lots of new ideas. Grandbabies are home for the weekend so will hopefully get caught up with you all next week. Would love to hear what kind of soaps you all do.
Mary

o

I experiment with Melt & Pour...sometimes I have success/sometimes I don't - but it's fun. I don't do anything else as far as bath/body stuff goes.

Jill

o

I do M&P, also buy pre made lotion & milk bath base, which I color & scent.

I have a web site which went online last May, selling retail & wholesale. Also do local craft shows, have stuff in 1 consignment shop all year, also stuff in a Christmas shop from Nov. till Jan.
I also occasionally wholesale to some shops locally.

All started because I bought a M&P kit at wal mart just to make some for gifts.........that was 1997 I think......

Hazel

o

Welcome Mary! Looking forward to lots of pics! I just started soaping right before Christmas, as gifts and it's taken on a life of it's own...and I'm loving every minute of it. My kids even soap with me and hubby has gotten involved in the cutting and making round labels. I guess we're now a "family" business.
Susan

o

Welcome!! I'm fairly new here myself... I do m&p, bath salts and bath bombs, lip balm, scrubs... I started a few years ago for inexpensive Christmas gifts but enough people have bugged me to sell them more that I'm on the verge of starting my own wee business (I'll be happy if my hobby becomes self-supporting!!). I don't have a digital camera (!!) but I'm getting one. Then, I will bombard y'all with pictures!

o

Welcome Mary! I just started soaping last Fall and it has taken a life of its own for me as well. I'm doing my first craft show in April and have been working like a madwoman to get ready for it. If you need any advice, just post. Somebody somewhere on this board will know the answer and there are those who THINK we know the answer (LOL! Like me).

Good luck and have fun.
Magi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here