Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been out for a while, but I'm back!

Posted by magimay (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 16, 03 at 17:46

Hi Everyone,
I've been scarce on the board for a while. Trying to get my law school applications in order - which means I had to get my taxes done so I could apply for federal financial aid. All of which had to be in by February 15th. This left very little time for socializing on the 'net. But, I'm back now and wanted to share a few pictures of my latest creations.
Froggie Soap:

Duckie Soap:

Fishie Soap:

I've signed up for my first craft show in April. Most of these were done in anticipation of that show. I did about a dozen of each style. In my opinion, people are more likely to spend money on their kids before themselves so... have lots of kid stuff for them to buy!

Has anybody out there done a craft show? Any tips or suggestions? I'm excited, but nervous too. The booth fee was only $35 (it's a small, local show for the ladies auxiliary of our knights of columbus) so if I don't do well, I hope its a good learning experience for me. In any event, I'll bet it will be fun 'cause my mom is getting a booth too for her gourds.

Magi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been out for a while, but I'm back!

Ok, I swear when I previewed my message the pictures were there. Now they're not. Jill - help!
Magi

o

I have been doing craft shows since 1996........biggest year i did 14 show dates, about 11 shows, almost every weekend from the end of sept till 1st week in dec.
MAJOR burnout!!

Some are just good learning experiences, some you actually make money at! What ever you are SURE will sell never does...and the stuff you think you couldn't GIVE away people want, I mean really want!

Just don't set yourself up for a let down (like saying, I KNOW I'm going to sell EVERYTHING & make tons of money) & you'll be fine. Just go, & plan to have a good time, & learn some things & you'll be fine.

Hazel

o
re: Let's try this again

Ok, I'm going to give it one more shot:

If this doesn't work, look at the link below:

Magi

Here is a link that might be useful: Just hit next to see the other photos...

o

Hi Magi! Hmmmm...didn't you use an AOL album before? This one is Yahoo...they may not allow linking to photos OR they server is having problems? Just a guess.

o

Good luck at your craft show, Magi! At the bottom of this teachsoap.com page is a great list of things to bring to a show. Also think about how you're going to display your soap. I totally didn't think of it and had everything laying flat. A wonderful woman in the neighboring booth loaned me a couple baskets and boxes to break up the flat display and made it more interesting.

Ooh, most important, pack something to eat. You never know when you'll have a chance to get lunch...because presumably, people will be flocking to your booth and throwing money at you. =)

Anyway, HTH! Be sure to report back!
Andrea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here