SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hazel_sc

Soap base testing results

Hazel_SC
21 years ago

As some of you know I ran a test with some of my customers, comparing SCFI base with WSS base (because some people who have used both to make soap thought one was definitly better than the other.), so I thought I'd see what my customers thought.

Its been about 2 weeks since I sent off samples-I made ½ size bars of soap, colored & scented as I normally would. They each got 4 differnt scents, 2 of my old scents, 2 new ones I am considering adding to my line, plus a bar of the SCFI oatmeal base soap.

Now, I'm still waiting for a few of the results, & hopefully they will be in within the next day or so (they have promised they WILL get them to me ASAP), but so far this is what I've got:

• Everyone HAS liked the SCFI based soap better as far as lather/afterfeel is concerned.
  • Everyone has said the SCFI based soap has disapeared MUCH quicker than the WSS based soap, which they said, IF they had bought the soap, would have made them rethink buying it again, even with the better lather & afterfeel.
  • A few have said they thought that the scent was a clearer scent in the SCFI base, BUT they said that was on comparission ONLY. As a stand alone bar, EACH bar smelled great on it's own, it was only on immediate, side by side comaparission, that they noticed a difference.
  • No one was really overtly impressed with the oatmeal bar. They said it was ok, but nothing to write home about.

As I said I'm still waiting for a few results-I have heard partial reports from all but one person (ironically, the local tester...). Now believe me this was no scientific test, there were 4 participants, 1 local, 1 about 2 hrs away from me, 1 in NC & 1 in PA. They were all asked to use both bars of the same scent in the same bath/shower, one bar on one side, one on the other side, so they had direct comparissions as to lather, afterfeel etc.

As I get the rest of the results coming in I will let you know a final vote from everyone, but at this point I will probably just stick with the WSS base.

Hazel

Comments (14)

Sponsored