Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know...???

Posted by CraftyGirl75 (heath1124a@aol.com) on
Wed, Feb 12, 03 at 13:19

Hey guys. I just placed a huge order for molds. Yippee!! I got all the new victorian molds, celtic molds, feet, dragonfly, bees and lots of others. BUT - I am looking for small soap molds - rectange, like the size of sample Nutregena bars. They must be about 1.5" x 2". Small. Anyone have a source for these? I found only one place and it comes as a single. How crazy is that? Any help is appreciated.

Heather

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know...???

I'm just lurking again :) Found this site in my travels though, thought it might help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: soap wizards mold

o

Maybe there is some kind of ice cube tray that will work for you??

o

check on this page, i think that's where i got mine. they're pretty small and i think about the size you're looking for.

hth,
andrea

o

Hazel,
go to Kmart and pick up one of the Martha Stewart utensil trays...they are with the silverware separater things (the things you put in the silverware drawer to hold the stuff)LOL...anyway, she has one that is separated into three compartments lengthwise. It is perfectly rectangular, no weird markings on the bottom, and makes 18 5oz bars of soap at one time. Perfect rectangles...you can then cut these bars in half for 2 1/2 oz sample bars. The mold itself is like 7 dollars, it's frosted clear very hard plastic, and perfect for any type of rectangular bar of soap you can make. It is a Martha Stewart item and has a sticker on it with her name on it. I found them in the kitchen section...you have to look, but they are there.

Kristi

o

Heather...sorry, I was tired last night...didn't mean to call you Hazel! LOL Hope you find what you need.
Kristi

o
re:RE: Does anyone know...???

Heather...sorry, I was tired last night...didn't mean to call you Hazel! LOL Hope you find what you need.
Kristi

o

don't ya just love the Soap Goat? I've always had good luck with the things I've ordered there - and I always want the new stuff (lol) I've used her molds for just about everything: soap, fizzies, papermache, saltdough, even for chocolate nad jello jigglers when I first get them (don't think I want to use them for chocolate after soap):>karenb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here