Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coloring question....

Posted by Nan_AR (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 8, 03 at 12:11

I bought some more coloring at Hobby Lobby last night (all soap items 1/2 off!!)and I got the sample pack with blue red green and yellow and on the back it tells how many drops to make lime orange violet good info

But I have a need for a " soft peach" color, a pastel.
Anyone have an idea of the combinations of major colors I would use to get that color or will I have to buy a peach color?

Thanks
**Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coloring question....

I know this isn't what you want to hear but Michael's sells the liquid soaps in 3 packs and there's one that is a seafoam green, lilac and a peach - the peach is a very soft peach - it's my favorite!

When I mix the colors I always end up with an orange, not peach. But I guess you could combine the colors and then add in a little more white melted base to soften the orange. That would be my guess.

o

No you're right that wasn't what I wanted to hear.But it is what I figured anyway...:(
I spent WAYYYYY to much money last night even if it was 1/2 off. I just cannot justify going up there again(next city over-about 45 miles away)and then ending up spending more money because "I-want-to-save-myself-time-and-money-and-not-come-back-here-again-for-a-while....
And of course our Walmart has NOTHING for soap not even the overpriced bricks or colors or zilch!!
Oh well maybe I can just do opaque white ..and my sister will probably be happy with that. It's a gift that she doesn't know I'm doing for her and she loves me so maybe it will be ok..??

Thanks for the advice anyway Pistil I appreciate it.
**Nancy

o

before LOTP came out with peach I made my own, by using basic red & yellow (makes orange) In VERY small quantities....with the LOTP dye bottles you can squeeze a drop right to the edge, then sort of let up on pressure just a bit so it starts to go back in the bottle. then, keeping pressure, just tap the bottle against the glass, bowl, whatever you have the melted base in. (I use a glass measuring cup) Sort of gives you 1/2 or 1/4 of a drop, depending on how good you get at it. you can tone it down by adding more clear, & if you want an opaque peach, do it in clear, make it a bit darker than needed, then add white base, to the desired shade.

Course you could probably also just use a tooth pick or something, but what's the fun in that??? (LOL!!)

I just try to limit the various number of bits & pieces sitting in front of/around me when I am making soap, so I don't accidently set something down on something or in something, whatever....anyway, as strange as it sounds this method has worked for me for the past couple of years.Hope it helps somewhat....

Hazel

o

I haven't tried it yet myself, but my understanding is that a small amount of paprika will give a soap a peachy color... Probably a speckly peach, but maybe less speckly if you mix it in a small amount of oil or glycerine first??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here