Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your favorite non-mold mold??

Posted by tararara (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 03 at 12:11

Know what I mean? What's your favorite mold that was not intended as a mold, meaning something you found that makes a great mold. My latest favorite is not very original, but it's a 6" length of pvc pipe. Cheap (1.99!) and it makes the most lovely round bars of soap. I thought the burly men at the hardware store were going to give me a hard time about cutting a piece of pipe as a soap mold, but they didn't blink an eye...

Also, I'm loving the icecube trays from IKEA. They are square rubber trays, and I now have the hearts, stars, x's and o's and long bars (good for embedding in a loaf pan). They are so easy to work with because they are flexible and make nice little embeds (or guest soaps).

So, reveal your latest discovery!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your favorite non-mold mold??

Hi - I, too love the Ikea ice cube trays. I also like the Jello molds. I have one that makes jelly beans - they're really cute & really bright when I make them in neon colors! Sandra

o

I liked doing the loofa soap in the pringles can. I have also tried the Ikea ice cube trays w/good success. A lot of people sing the praises of the Martha Stewart drawer organizers (Martha Mold) but I haven't tried those yet.

o

For mass production, I like the small daisy sour cream containers. They make a nice simple round bar, they are cheap and easy to come by. I've saved about eight of them and use them regularly. Good for your basic, no frills soap - you know - the practical ones we wash with!

Magi

o

Just found another one yesterday - my daughter was eating a blue bell ice cream cup. The edges are scalloped and its about 3 inches in diameter. I'm going to try it out for a sample size bar and will let ya'll know the results (with picture, of course!)

Magi

o

I really like my Rubbermaid drawer divider. It makes nice, big, rectangular soaps. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here