Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
candle scraps!!

Posted by rhonni (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 9, 03 at 11:15

Hi all! I have never posted to this forum before, but i have a question. I have a "bag" of candle scraps - candles that "melted funny", didn't burn all the way down, some i burned once or twice and they were pretty but didn't smell, etc etc etc. I was wondering if it would work to put them all in a mason jar (or 2 or 3...), put a NEW wick in the middle (i bought a package of these some time ago) stick it in the microwave,........and t-da!! a new candle! I am a crafter, but haven't dabbled in soap or candles yet - but would like to (starting with this).

p.s. Dont tell anyone on the organizing forum about my post - i vowed to throw out all those scraps while i was dejunking my craft room - ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: candle scraps!!

Hi Rhonni! Someone just asked a similar question not too long ago--so I've linked to the thread for you. I've only played with M&P soapmaking -- no candles since I have a 2 yo and no where safe to really burn them. Good luck on remaking your candles...your secret is safe w/us :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Remaking Candles

o
RE: candle scraps!!

I am a candle maker. I have never made one, but I know people who make chunk candles out of their scraps. They put all the chunks in a jar (with a new wick, as you said) then pour some new melted wax over them. The new wax forms the bond between the chunks.
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Soap & Candle Making Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here